The new GDPR regulation, General Regulation on Data Protection, is more relevant than ever. Coming into effect on the 25th of May 2018, it aims to better protect personal data. This subject is well known for being confusing but, good news for 98% of the companies out there, it only takes a few simple steps to clear everything out and it is all explained in this article.
GDPR: what truly concerns you
The subject is complexe and the law was built with an anglo-saxon approach, said to be very permissive. It is up to the company itself to determine where it stands regarding the law.
Latin and French laws are generally much more framed and strict, which allows companies to easily distinguish the attitude to adopt in the face of the law.
In this very nebulous context, the main thing to remember is that a lot of the topics do not concern most companies.
For 98% of the organizations, the actions to be implemented are quite accessible and well identified. These companies are all those whose job is not to manage sensitive user data nor to make deep statistical analyzes of them.
Not to make this situation any clearer, consulting GDPR solutions are often very expensive and not justified for the majority of businesses.
GDPR: the new requirements for your business
Starting the 25th of May 2018, you will have to set up at least the following actions:
- Give the right of rectification to your contacts: your contacts should be able to know what data you hold on them and be able to modify them. Everything should be made easy for them to make the request and they should receive an answer within 72 hours.
- Give the right to erasure : your contacts should be able to ask you to delete the data concerning them and you should accept their request.
- Consent request : your database should give you its explicit consent.
- Opt-in management : you should explicitly gather the opt-in of your future contacts.
- Preference Center : you should allow your contacts to manage their preference center and choose what they want to receive from you and how.
- Cookies acceptance policy: you should collect explicit consent of your website visitors regarding cookie usage. Passive consent is not enough.
- Legal Notice update: you should mention using cookies, name them and give information about them.
A simple tool and methodology to meet all these obligations
Now all you need to do is apply all of the requirements cited above. Did you know that you could do all of this our Webmecanik Automation tool? This is a great opportunity for all businesses to, on one hand, comply with the GDPR regulation in just one day and, on the other hand, acquire a very user friendly marketing automation tool. Webmecanik Automation allows to set up the following elements:
- Consent request campaigns
- Preference centers
- Channel subscription management
- Optin or double optin forms
- Right to erasure
- Right of rectification
We also give you all the tools to:
- Manage cookies on the website
- Update your legal notice
A support and user friendly tool
In addition to the tool, Webmecanik allows you to set up all of the aforementioned points.
We are also supported by GDPR and cyber security expert, Thomas JESSON from BOKKEN Consulting who is willing to offer his expertise to your company. In two hours, you will have all the elements to master GDPR.